SUFFOLK WRESTLING OFFICIALS ASSOCIATION, INC.
EXECUTIVE BOARD MINUTES
October 27, 2009
Meeting called to order at Hauppauge High School, Room 264, by
President L. Barone at 7:10 PM
Executive Board Members present: J. Truscello, G. Mazzola, R.
Boscarino, G. Wissman, F. Barbuto
Treasurer’s Report: Spreadsheet presented; balance as of October 26,
2009, $ 786.91.
- Discussion of possible inactive members for 2009-10 – names to be
- Board decision to stay with existing Varsity officials – no upward
movement from JV level.
- Discussion on candidate school class size (25) and quantity of
officials needed for upcoming season. John T. requested assistance by EB
at upcoming classes on 10/28 and 11/2 at Sachem North to evaluate
candidates for selection.
- Discussion that new candidates will be needed for both JV and Jr. High
- Suggestion to have Varsity Officials mentor and correct new officials
at duals and tournaments.
Decision to table discussion and voting on Amendments proposed by M. Haise
last June until she is present. Will hold off on discussion until test
meeting on 11/16/09.
Meeting adjourned at 7:55 PM
GENERAL MEMBERSHIP MEETING
October 27, 2009
Meeting called to order at 8:05pm, by President L. Barone
- Keep up to date on scwrestlingref.com website
- No advancements to Varsity this year.
- Meeting Schedule discussed – 9 meetings to be held, must attend 5
- Mandatory meetings on 11/5 (Interpretation) and 11/16 (Test).
- Section XI needs availability forms sent in ASAP. (Download from web
site and send in)
- State Meeting Highlights – no significant changes.
Treasurer’s Report: Spreadsheet distributed with balance of $
Dues $ 140.00; no change from previous year. Late
fee if not paid by 11/05/09 - $50.00.
E-mail addresses obtained from several members at meeting.
New Candidates School: J. Truscello - large class(25) this year
Meetings at Sachem, Monday and Wednesday evenings, 7:00pm to 9:00pm
State tournament nominees: S. Brocking, D. Harrell, R. Boscarino, G.
Mazzola Alternate: D.Darrow
Evaluator needed for States: open
Nominee for “Official of the Year” for New York requested—none suggested
Meeting adjourned at 8:55pm